Buying Guide: Medical Refrigerator Hong Kong - The Importance of Medical Refrigerator Hong Kong
It is reported that many private clinics in Hong Kong are using domestic refrigerators to store vaccines instead of special pharmacy refrigerator hong kong. Some may wonder what are the differences between domestic and medical refrigerators. The truth is the pharmacy refrigerators are designed to protect vaccines or other medical-related items such as biological products, drugs, reagents, and more at specific temperatures, allowing the products to preserve in perfect quality.
However, many private doctors in Hong Kong are using ordinary domestic fridges, instead of using professional pharmacy refrigerators designed to protect drugs. Such kind of practice has not only exposed a potential loophole in regulation, but also possible threats to patients.
In the following article, a comprehensive buying guide to help you choose the ideal model for your business.
Selection Criteria of Medical Freezer Hong Kong
Upgrade your medical refrigerator for a better experience. Now that you are ready to equip your workplace, laboratory or hospital with a practical and functional medical refrigerator, there are a few things you need to know when choosing a medical refrigerator.
1. Size of medical freezer hong kong
Maybe you are getting this medical refrigerator for your department or laboratory for storing important medicines or samples. It is crucial that you have a clear vision on what sizes of medical refrigerators you are looking for in Hong Kong.
There are many types of pharmacy refrigerators which come in different sizes in the market. Given the high demand of storage in hospitals or units, customers usually consider purchasing Pharmacy, Medical and Vaccine Refrigerators with larger capacity, ranging from 1500L to 1300L. As for smaller units such as private clinics, customers are advised to buy Pharmacy, Medical and Vaccine Refrigerators in combo sizes. These types of medical refrigerators are smaller in sizes but are still practical in function. These combos are combined with refrigerator and freezer, meaning that it allows you to freeze ice bars and storage of various things needing refrigerated storage at the same time.
2. Types of medical freezer hong kong
One key thing to bear in mind is that all medical refrigerators are designed to meet rigorous standards.
The key difference between medical and freezer is the stability. To be specific, a freezer can easily freeze your vaccines or medical samples, but it has a hidden risk of temperature instability. Therefore, due to clear temperature instability, it is recommended for customers to purchase a medical refrigerator for vaccines and other laboratory storage; while for other purposes, customers can choose the combined type.
3. Features of vaccine refrigerator or medical freezer hong kong
Today, medical-grade refrigerators offer numerous features; however, there are a few we believe you take into consideration when deciding which medical refrigerator to purchase in Hong Kong.
First, the defrost system in refrigeration. Some medical refrigerators are more advanced, providing you with a choice of automatic and manual defrosting. What are the differences? Typically, manually defrosting your refrigerator is more time consuming, while auto-defrosting requires less maintenance. The type you choose is dependent on the contents you need to store.
Second, the range of temperatures which indicates a medical refrigerator’s performance. Temperature is of great importance. Different items require different temperature requirements for storage. If you are planning to store vaccines or biological samples, you need to make sure the refrigerator’s designated temperature allows you for various storing purposes. Luckily, many medical refrigerators nowadays come with a wide range of temperatures, usually ranging from 2~8℃. This temperature range is suitable for storage of biological products, vaccines, drugs, reagents, and more.
4. Usage of laboratory freezer hong kong
It is worth noting that there are a variety of refrigerators for medical usage, but many of them serve for different purposes.
Since different models will be used to store different things. Therefore, it is key to identify the usage of the refrigerator first – blood storing, vaccine storing or laboratory samples storing. For example, customers usually purchase Ultra low Energy saving freezer as laboratory freezer hong kong, Pharmacy/Medical Refrigerator as hospital refrigerator.
5. Placement of medical freezer hong kong
Another key component that will directly affect which unit customers buy is placement. There are built-in and free-standing refrigerator models available. Typically, freestanding refrigerators lack outside ventilation. Because the side walls or back of one can overheat, putting one under a counter with minimal airflow will reduce its performance. Always consider the space you will need around a medical refrigerator before making your choice. Built-in units are typically more expensive, but if they ultimately result in safer cold storage for your organization, they are worth the investment.
Compact units work well for facilities in small spaces, as they generally fit in or underneath most countertops. If you need storage space without sacrificing too much floor space, a large, upright refrigerator should do.
No matter the refrigerator you choose, be sure there should be an adequate amount of space surrounding the unit for ventilation purposes. It is also recommended placing your unit in an insulated room because external-facing walls are constantly exposed to varying temperatures.
Recommendations for pharmacy refrigerator hong kong
Given these factors in consideration, some of the highly recommended medical refrigerators in Hong Kong are listed below for your reference:
Difference between lab refrigerators & freezers and household units
You must know that the laboratory freezers and laboratory refrigerators are specially designed and built to meet stricter standards than household or commercial units you can find in the market. For example, you have to store the blood, pharmaceuticals and plasma within a tight temperature range to avoid losing the spoilage or potency.
As a matter of fact, the organizations such as agencies such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the US strictly govern the storage of the blood, pharmaceuticals, plasma and other temperature-sensitive products. For example, if the vaccines are stored in improper condition, it might result in loss of potency, which represents a tremendous cost in both lost product and the expense of re-vaccination.
So the vaccines, plasma, pharmaceuticals, blood and other temperature-sensitive products must be stored in particularly designed laboratory refrigerators and laboratory freezers, which can ensure the temperature control and constant temperature to keep the materials fresh.
Specification guidelines for lab refrigerators and freezers
Below are tips for you to consider when choosing a lab refrigerator or lab freezer.
Temperature control and display for medical freezer hong kong
High–precision temperature control and display is a good starter to choose a lab freezer or refrigerator. Some laboratory refrigerators and laboratory freezers hong kong come with microcomputer temperature control systems. It can ensure the constant temperature in the cabinet. And it comes with a high-brightness digital temperature display ensuring the display precision in 0.1℃.
Temperature alarms and temperature recording
The CDC recommends checking and recording the temperature of the lab freezer and refrigerator twice a day. However, this is redundant if a person is arranged in viewing and recording the temperature. While the temperature alarm system and data logger feature enables you to control the temperature automatically. It has a built-in USB data logger to record the temperature status and has a secure audible and visual alarm system, ensuring secure storage of lab materials.
Manual and auto defrost lab freezers and lab refrigerators
After using the freezer or refrigerator for a long time, or due to improper operation of the units, the freezer or refrigerator will get heavy frost. So the auto defrost or manual defrost feature of the lab freezer or lab refrigerator should be taken into consideration. Most of the laboratory freezers and laboratory refrigerators come with auto defrost features, which can perfectly keep the temperature inside the cabinet and protect your products safely.
Where to purchase pharmacy refrigerator hong kong
As mentioned, medical refrigerators are in such high demand, where can people get the best deals on pharmacy refrigerators in Hong Kong?
Hytex is where the professionals get their equipment. Founded in 2012, Hytex Medical Technology Limited is dedicated to source and provide all the high-quality products to customers. The company’s main products include lab / medical refrigerator and freezer, Blood Band Refrigerators and other professional medical commodities. With the aim to provide excellent services and products to customers, Hytex has built solid business relationships with leading companies in the field. The products provided by Hytex have been purchased by notables.
Therefore, if you are planning your purchase on medical refrigerators in Hong Kong, Hytex is your to-go place.
Medical Refrigerator, Pharmacy/Vaccine/Laboratory - Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I insert pictures in my FAQ?Yes! To add a picture follow these simple steps: Enter App Settings Click the "Manage Questions" button Click on the question you would like to attach a picture to When editing your answer, click on the picture icon and then add an image from your library
Can I insert a video in my FAQ?Yes! Users can add video from YouTube or Vimeo with ease: Enter App Settings Click the "Manage Questions" button Click on the question you would like to attach a video to When editing your answer, click on the video icon and then paste the YouTube or Vimeo video URL That's it! A thumbnail of your video will appear in answer text box
2. How to choose a medical/ laboratory refrigerator or freezer?When you are looking for a lab freezer or lab refrigerator, the crucial thing you have to consider is the consistent performance that the units can provide to meet your special storage needs. Whether it is the viability of your research, the health of your patients or the life span of the medications that you are storing, the utmost importance is the use of the product. The medical refrigerator and freezer manufacturers learn that the stakes of storage laboratory and medical materials are high. So they are striving to produce refrigerators and freezers to meet the more stringent requirements of research laboratories and medical practice. So it comes to the reason that the cost of the medical freezers is higher than typical residential freezers in the market. If you consider how to choose a lab refrigerator or freezer, the extra expense is well worth it.
5. What kind of payment method of medical equipment do you accept?We currently accept payment of Paypal if you want to order medical equipment hk online. Contact us if you need other payment methods.
6. Do you offer free delivery if I purchase medical equipment hk online?Yes, we do offer free delivery in Hong Kong. Extra cost will be charged for delivery of medical equipment to outlying islands or areas with staircases. If any stair climbing is found on the spot without prior notice, Hytexmed reserves the rights to charge later.
1. What kind of medical equipment HK/MO does Hytexmed offer?We offer a variety of medical equipment in Hong Kong and Macau, including medical instruments, laboratory consumables, reagent strips, rapid test, etc. Feel free to visit our office at Kowloon Bay if you want to check the functionality of medical equipment in Hong Kong and Macau.
4. How can I maintain the medical devices in Hong Kong?The following are the basic maintenance tips to extending lifespan of medical devices. - Training and service staffs This step is very important, training of medical staff on how to properly maintain their devices is the key. For instance, some devices are never move close to magnet or placed in an extreme temperature, while some are to be cleaned or sterilized and returned to their various cases/boxes after use. An untrained staff could cause a breakdown of a device if he/she does not know how to use it or mishandles it. - Carrying out daily routine check Routine checks on all devices are necessary in maintaining the device and also extending its life span. This tips helps in noting when the device starts malfunctioning or having possible issues before developing faults. Daily check helps to ensure the device is in good condition before it is used for the day’s activities. - Replace reagents and lubricants Some medical devices require reagents, lubricants and other parts should be replaced or filled up on a regular basis for them to function properly. Reagents and other parts in this content serve to deliver outcomes from diagnostic equipment, while lubricants reduce friction around any moving parts. A schedule properly followed in lubricating and replacing reagents and parts can extend the life span of the device. - Maintain a clean work environment and keep devices clean Clean environment cannot be over emphasized in ensuring that your medical device lasts as long as it should. Avoid food, fluids and flammable substances in your work space, so they don’t get in contact with your devices. Ensure that all your medical devices are kept clean and tidy after use, make sure sample containers are washed and dried properly and used consumables are properly disposed of. - Turn off devices when not in use This is very vital, turning off a medical device when it is not in use not only helps your facility conserve power, but also helps to increase the lifespan of the device. This point also helps prevent overheating as well as damages from power supply. - Sterilize and Disinfect devices Some devices have been said to have a false reading and a major reason for this is due to dirt on exposed surfaces of the devices. Always ensure to properly sterilize or disinfect medical devices by cleaning reagents or UV lamp after use, this can prevent taking false readings or diagnosis and the spread of diseases. Using the basic maintenance tips, it will not only extend the life span of the devices but also improves patient’s satisfaction and outcome. If you have any questions or concerns about maintenance tips for medical device equipment, you can always contact us for support.
3. Where to place the medical equipment, refrigerator, and freezer in the laboratory?When locating the laboratory freezer or refrigerator, please keep in mind that a certain distance is about 30 mm between the unit and the wall. When using an undercounter freezer or refrigerator, there is no need to keep space at the sides and back for they are vented from the front.
Can I insert an image, video, or gif in my FAQ?Yes. To add media follow these steps: 1. Enter the app’s Settings 2. Click on the “Manage FAQs” button 3. Select the question you would like to add media to 4. When editing your answer click on the camera, video, or GIF icon 5. Add media from your library.
How do I add a new question & answer?To add a new FAQ follow these steps: 1. Click “Manage FAQs” button 2. From your site’s dashboard you can add, edit and manage all your questions and answers 3. Each question and answer should be added to a category 4. Save and publish.
How do I edit or remove the “FAQ” title?You can edit the title from the Settings tab in the app. If you don’t want to display the title, simply disable the Title under “Info to Display”.
What is an FAQ section?An FAQ section can be used to quickly answer common questions about you or your business, such as “Where do you ship to?”, “What are your opening hours?” or “How can I book a service?” It’s a great way to help people navigate your site and can even boost your site’s SEO.
5. How to ensure safety while using a Medical Refrigerator?Many of the vaccine refrigerators and pharmacy refrigerators are equipped with safety locks and other security functions to ensure safety while using the refrigerator.